After my workouts I like to have a little snack that’s loaded with nutrients to help me recover those muscles I just toasted.
But I don’t want just anything… I want something high in protein and carbs and really low in fats.
(Fats slow down digestion but after a workout, we need to get nurtrients as quick as possible!)
My new favorite are these banana oatmeal protein muffins because they are super easy to make, store, and eat on you way out of the gym!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Kodiak Vanilla Cupcake)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 100g ripe banana (the riper the sweeter!)
- In a nutri-bullet or blender, grind the oats, protein powder and making powder so that it resembles a flour-like consistency
- Add the egg whites and banana and blend until combined
- Pour the batter into a well-greased muffin pan (I like to use a silicone muffin baking mold for better non-stick!) *this recipe makes 4 large muffins*
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Remove and let cool before storing in an air tight container! (I usually keep mine in the refrigerator and heat up in the microwave for about 15 seconds before eating.)
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @funsized.nutrition =)